- Comment on the way characters relate to one another.
- Know which words are essential in a sentence to retain meaning.
- Draw inferences such as inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts & motives from their actions.
- Recognise how commas are used to give more meaning.
- Recognise inverted commas
- pronouns and how used
- collective nouns
- Explain the difference that the precise choice of adjectives and verbs make.
- Use conjunctions (when, so, before, after, while, because).
- Use adverbs (e.g. then, next, soon, therefore).
- Use prepositions (e.g. before, after, during, in, because of).
- Experiment with adjectives to create impact.
- Correctly use verbs in 1st, 2nd & 3rd person.
- Use perfect form of verbs to mark relationships of time & cause.
- Use inverted commas to punctuate direct speech.
- Group ideas into basic paragraphs.
- Write under headings & sub-headings.
- Write with increasing legibility, consistency and fluency.
- Compare & order numbers up to 1000.
- Read & write all numbers to 1000 in digits & words.
- Find 10 or 100 more/less than a given number.
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 & 100.
- Recall & use multiplication & division facts for 3, 4, 8 tables.
- Recognise place value of any 3-digit number.
- Add & subtract:
- 3-digit nos & ones
- 3-digit nos & tens
- 3-digit nos & hundreds
- Add & subtract:
- Numbers with up to 3-digits using written columnar method.
- Estimate and use inverse to check.
- Count up/down in tenths.
- Compare & order fractions with same denominator.
- +/- fractions with same denominator with whole.
- Tell time using 12 and 24 hour clocks; and using Roman numerals.
- Tell time to nearest minute.
- Know number of days in each month and number of seconds in a minute.