The government is providing additional funding on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 7 academic years 2013 to 2020
Read in detail about how we have used our Sports Premium below:
Sports Premium Reports
Hurst Knoll St. James’ have signed into the Tameside School Sports Partnership, which is a collection of Tameside schools that work together to create better sporting outcomes for all of our children.
The impact of the partnership has been as follows:
- Regular teacher meets for PE Coordinators
- Training opportunities for all staff in Physical Literacy, Gymnastics and KS2 Games.
- Ofsted criteria training for PE Lead.
- Free entry to all School Games competitions and KS1 Future Stars festivals.
- Free online fitness tools for all children to access (5-a-day fitness).
- Monitoring support against Sainsbury’s School Games Kitemark criteria and Ofsted criteria
New Charter Academy cluster partnership
At Hurst Knoll St. James’ we pride ourselves on our strong link with New Charter Academy. Emma Toone is our link at the Academy in her role as Schools Sports Partnership Leader and provides support, coaching, she keeps us informed of cluster events, new initiatives and Continuing Professional Development for all staff and children.
We are involved in a half termly cluster meeting where a selection of Tameside schools meet to discuss how we can develop our PE practise and encourage further interschool competitions. We also are part of an assessment cluster meeting which aims to develop the use of assessment in PE.